Monday, May 2, 2011

Allie's 5th Birthday

My sweet Allie Jane turned 5 on the 17th of April. That day did not start out how I had hoped...I woke up with an ear infection, but it turned out to be a nice day. We celebrated her birthday out at the park. It was nice and warm but very windy! Our decorations did not go as planned, but no one seemed to care. Allie invited several of her "girl friends". She wanted to have a "girl only" party. The girls played at the playground, had an Easter Egg hunt, ate cake and opened presents. I did not do a great job of getting as many pictures as I had hoped to. I was not on my "A game" that day. Luckily, Jarod's family were able to get some pictures too! This was an extra special birthday because, we flew in Jarod's mom from Florida to be here for not only Allie's birthday but for her birthday too... she was turning 50 two days later. Jarod's uncle, aunt and cousin also came in from Houston to help celebrate. It was a great weekend of celebration with family. We were so blessed to have so many of our family members out there with us.

It's really hard to believe how grown up Allie seems to be lately. She will start Kinder in the fall and I'm not sure if I'm ready! I know she is ready. She loves to read and write, draw and create pictures, color, play with her toys and play with her brother. She makes me laugh on a daily basis and says some pretty funny things. She enjoys dancing and playing sports. She does not like wearing jeans and prefers to wear skirts only! She is learning to tie her shoes, she has taught herself how to snap and she is trying to learn how to whistle (random). She is the BEST Big Sister and loves Jack so much. God blessed us our lives so much when he gave us this precious little girl. Happy Birthday Allie Jane!








0 comments: