Friday, February 4, 2011

Crazy Texas Weather

This week has been one of the craziest weeks of Texas weather. It's pretty normal for the temps to go up and down, but we have never had this much ice and then beautiful snow! I only had to go to work one day this week...which is pretty unheard of to miss 4 days of school because of ice/snow. We tried to keep ourselves entertained over the last few days. We couldn't do much because Jack decided to get the flu the day before the ice hit (which meant I didn't have to take any sick days to stay home)! We woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of snow and it was still coming down till about 2:00 this afternoon.

Since I had not been out of my house since Monday, I got Allie and I all bundled up and headed out to go sledding in a laundry basket. It actually worked really well. We have a small field right by our house with a hill and it works great for sledding. Allie and I had a great time sledding and falling together in the snow. I busted hard once and I just laughed and so did Allie! I love make these memories with her. It always brings me back to my own childhood memories in Omaha and sledding with my mom.


She fell over a few times...but still so much fun!


Please excuse my squinting eyes...I had not see natural light in a few days:)



Allie wanted to pose by this sign






Not sure why this picture looks so pink!