Monday, April 19, 2010

Allie Jane is Four

It is hard to imagine that Allie is fours years old. I am in denial! I can't believe how quickly the last four years have gone. When I hold Jack, it makes me want to hold him longer because he won't be this way for long!

Allie's birthday was on Saturday and we had a busy day! We started the morning off with her b-day present from us (a big girl bike) and biscuits for breakfast. Then we all got ready for her soccer game. Mimi and Poppy came out to watch even though it was drizzling off and on. Jack and I also went to cheer on our favorite girl. We celebrated her party at McDonald's with friends and family. I didn't capture a lot of pictures b/c I was busy running around and visiting with friends since I don't get out much right now! I think Allie had a wonderful time playing with her friends. She was very sad to leave. She is so blessed to have so many wonderful friends in her life. Thank you to all who took part in celebrating such a special day.

Allie is such a big girl and has really matured a lot this past year. She is a wonderful big sister and loves Jack so much. She is not tired of him yet! She loves to help out whenever she can and love and kiss on him. I really feel like her personality is coming out more and more. She loves to perform for us (sing and dance). She is shy in front of others, but once she gets comfortable, watch out, you never know what she will do or say. I think she says very witty things and Jarod and I laugh at her all of the time. She loves going to school and can't wait to be in kindergarten (which is a year a way). She knows all of her capital letters, lowercase letters, sounds and is learning how to spell and break words apart by sounds. She finally told me the other day she is ready for me to teach her how to read. This was music to my ears!! I know what we will be working on this summer. She loves to read, sing, dance, play outside, draw, color and use her imagination!!! She can count to 20 and with assistance up to 50. We are so proud of our little girl and so blessed that God gave her to us to be raised as one of his children.

Allie loves Princess and the Frog (we had a little mishap with the cake).

The cake was yummy and the lady that made it did a fabulous job!



Daddy and his princess


Mommy and her princess


We went to eat at a Mexican restaurant after the party and decided to squeeze in a family pic. Sorry for the beer logos behind us. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Jack during the party. He slept the entire time in his car seat.

We decided to get a few pics when we got home. Look at how tan Jack looks!


I think Jack is looking for food.

Daddy and his little man
*the top picture of Allie in her tutu really captures her personality! She loves to pose. Thanks Kristen for the adorable tutu! You did a great job and Allie LOVES wearing it!

2 comments:

becky said...

Great pictures!!! Did you really just have a baby-you look amazing!!!!

The Trost's said...

I am so glad Allie likes her tutu! I can't believe we have 4 year olds (or I will in a week). I keep looking at your pictures - Jack sure is giving me baby fever!